Go Back   Henshin Justice Unlimited > Halls of Science > Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE

Super GeekStation Climax: THE STARCADE Video Games, Cartoons, Anime, & Comic Books - This is the HJU Forum dedicated to our favorite manga, cartoons, anime and comic books. Drop on in, have a cuppa joe and discuss the world of graphical adventures.

Sponsor

Old 01-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
Aoiblue
Raxbait: Hip

Default My brief thoughts on four Doraemon Movies.

So I recently grabbed four Doramon films off of nyaatorrents and marathoned them. I watched Nobita and the Birth of Japan, Nobita's South Sea Adventure, Nobita and the Green Giant Legend, and Nobita's Great Battle of the Mermaid King.

Nobita and the Birth of Japan(1989): Although the animation was a bit old, it didnt stop me from enjoying this. I honestly thought this movie was gonna be pretty boring, but it surprised me. I remember watching Doraemon in Japan as a kid, so this was pretty fun. I liked the characters, Nobita is....well Nobita, and Doreamon....man he wouldve made my childhood more exciting for sure XD
The subs from this and the 1998 film from what I gather from the credits were translated from indonesian(?) so it was okay, but not bad enough like HK subs, they got the message across more clearly.
I recommened this film if you're into time-travelling fun
Click to see hidden content

Nobita's South Sea Adventure(1998): Easily the best film of the four. The animation is better, and exactly the same when I used to watch it when I was younger, so this was pretty nostalgic for me. We've also got pirates, treasure-hunting, and most importantly...Doraemon. I had a blast with this film, so if you want to watch one of the Doraemon films, I recommened this one the most.

Nobita and the Green Giant Legend (2008): This and the 2010 film is where I started having problems. The animation to me.....is horrible. What were they thinking when they were drawing these guys?! I mean...the background and all was very well done, but the characters...didnt look like they blended in well at all. Also didnt help that the film felt like they were throwing enviromental issue as me and I'm like...."okay I get it, we need to take better care of our plants on the planet -_-". There's like only 2 saving graces for this film. Kibou, which is like...the cutest, most hyper living mini-tree ever XD
And Horikita Maki
Loved listening to her voice (though you can tell she needs more voice acting work, but it was still okay! If she does more I think she can be a pretty good voice-actor).
So yeah.....my least favorite sadly, thought I would like this film more :/

Okay, they look okay here, but if you watched it....yeah it wasn't good to me

Nobita's Great Battle of the Mermaid King (2010): Like I said in the 2008 one, I had problems with this too, but not as much. For one, although the animation for the main characters were slightly better, they were pretty much the same, so it was still hard for me to watch them. And briefly, one mermaid mentioned that "humans pollute the water!" and fresh out of watching the 2008 film I'm like "argh!". And then there was one point in the film where it was like
Highlight to read the spoiler
The princess 5000 years ago had the exact same look as the current princess, and even went as far as having the same name
.....that was a bit of a stretch for me. But yeah, other than that, solid film. Especially if you like mermaids...and fish (also....if you pay attention close enough, a guest star from Goseiger is here haha).

My ranking for these films are:
1. South Sea Adventure
2. Birth of Japan
3. Great Battle of the Mermaid King
4. The Green Giant Legend

So those are my thoughts (if you thought this was bad then sorry, I'm not very good at doing "review" sort of things ).

Also! If by chance any of you guys know where to get links to the 2007 film "Doraemon: Nobita's New Great Adventure into the Underworld - The Seven Magic Users", then that would be greeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaat cause the torrent for that is down, and it sounds very interesting to watch.