Go Back   Henshin Justice Unlimited > HenshinJustice.Com > The ORB - News & Rumors

The ORB - News & Rumors News & Rumors - Welcome to ORB Headquarters. Here you'll find the latest toku news, links, rumors, and speculation courtesy of our resident posters.

Sponsor

Old 06-24-2013, 02:46 AM   #21
Juspion

Series starts this Sunday, really excited for it

Old 06-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #22
ridhwan5
KRRaiden

Posting the RAW here for those who havent seen it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwWyw...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #23
Kamen Rider Armor Ninja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=pwWywyIUMoo

THE FIRST EPISODE IS OUT hurry before its get taken down...

https://www.facebook.com/UnofficialA...ocation=stream
Kamen Rider Armor Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #24
sgtrudolfs

subs for eps 1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1c...1_subtitle.ass

credit to anon
sgtrudolfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #25
Hentailover

The problem I have with these toku shows is that they try so hard to be true tokusatsu, they end up overdoing it and looking like a borderline parody of themselves. You can have all the special effects and choreography, but if your presentation of story and action is stuck in the 80s, you will feel like a novelty toku show. Looking at the trailer we see a generic "evil organization with ruthless ruler trying to take over the world", we have a main hero who does a lot of pointless, supposed to be cool, gesturing that makes him look like a parody...
Newer shows, especially Rider, are subtler and grittier (not in a "dark and edgy" sense, but in a "more grounded" sense). This comparing to "big guys" feels like silver or golden age comics feel compared to modern day decompressed story telling and a subtler narrative.

I sure hope that when I watch first episode, I will be proven wrong. Otherwise, it's a squandered potential. Show like this can be charming, but charm creates cult following, not widespread popularity.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #26
kanade_sakyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentailover View Post
The problem I have with these toku shows is that they try so hard to be true tokusatsu, they end up overdoing it and looking like a borderline parody of themselves. You can have all the special effects and choreography, but if your presentation of story and action is stuck in the 80s, you will feel like a novelty toku show. Looking at the trailer we see a generic "evil organization with ruthless ruler trying to take over the world", we have a main hero who does a lot of pointless, supposed to be cool, gesturing that makes him look like a parody...
Newer shows, especially Rider, are subtler and grittier (not in a "dark and edgy" sense, but in a "more grounded" sense). This comparing to "big guys" feels like silver or golden age comics feel compared to modern day decompressed story telling and a subtler narrative.

I sure hope that when I watch first episode, I will be proven wrong. Otherwise, it's a squandered potential. Show like this can be charming, but charm creates cult following, not widespread popularity.
^This series is made with cooperation with Ishimori production, as in the company that made Kamen Rider from the 1st series, so they know what they're doing and isn't trying too hard be "true" tokusatsu. Episode 1 isn't perfect, still need many adjustments, but it's still quite good. The story looks like a modern Toku but also has many elements of 80's Toku, I hope it will get better.
kanade_sakyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #27
Burkion
SLICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentailover View Post

More grounded?

The hell shows are you watching? I don't even HAVE to point to any other shows, just the current two-the only grit Dancing Dinos has are the gravel that gets into their boots after they dance the fucking samba, and Wizard...SERIOUSLY?

What in the world are you talking about?
Burkion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #28
Kamen Rider Armor Ninja

I just thought the build up was very lazy... Did Ray lost his memory or something?
Click to see hidden content
Why wasn't his family death playing a factor later in his life? It seemed his motivation to save people wasnt realy connected.
Also how the episode was written felt lazy, i mean the way he got his powers felt realy generic.

https://www.facebook.com/UnofficialA...ocation=stream
Kamen Rider Armor Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #29
Hentailover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkion View Post
More grounded?

The hell shows are you watching? I don't even HAVE to point to any other shows, just the current two-the only grit Dancing Dinos has are the gravel that gets into their boots after they dance the fucking samba, and Wizard...SERIOUSLY?

What in the world are you talking about?
Okay, I give you Kyoryuger. But Wizard is done with modern toku story telling. It's more personal, less bombastic and subtlier. There are no weird narrators out of nowhere, its over the top in modern sense... Some of it is hard to explain, but stuff like decompressed story telling, less hammy banter between enemies, less "in your face" villain presentation, with solid sense of mystery about their goals and motivations and even their origin.
Fast paced and more to the point action. Older toku (the ones I saw at least) tended to have a more stage-esque action scenes, like watching some Kabuki performance. With exaggerated movement for everything, and the shot composition often was more stage-esque, showing you a static shot of a group of people doing larger scale choreographic movement.
We still have exaggerated gestures, because you need to compensate for lack of facial expressions, but even that is smaller and differently done.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #30
dejivruR

a bit of info about BIMA SATRIA GARUDA