Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Kyoryuger 2: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger Brave

This probably deserved its own thread.

Due to the popularity of the line in Korea, a Korean Kyoryuger season under the name Power Rangers Dino Force Brave has been announced. Not only is it a Korean Sentai but it's being called an actual sequel to Kyoryuger with the title Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger Brave being given to it by Toei.

Show starts on April 1st in South Korea.
    Member of The Tokusatsu Network, the internet's #1 source for tokusatsu news.

Not interested in watching the show, but the new toys are rad. That repainted slightly modified Kyoryujin with that minigun on Gabutyra and chainsaw sword is awesome!!! The repainted Pretaraidenoh is cool too. Tempted to buy them.

Toei acknowledging this as an actual canon to Kyoryuger is unexpected. It's like acknowledging Power Rangers as being canon to Super Sentai.

Would like to change his avatar Shougo B'Stard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raden238 View Post
    Toei acknowledging this as an actual canon to Kyoryuger is unexpected. It's like acknowledging Power Rangers as being canon to Super Sentai.
    Didn't they do the same with the Philippines' much-beloved, critically acclaimed, award-winning Zaido?

Yeah, this is probably going to amount to as much as "Uchuu Keiji" Zaido.

Quote Originally Posted by Shougo B'Stard View Post
    Didn't they do the same with the Philippines' much-beloved, critically acclaimed, award-winning Zaido?

Yeah, this is probably going to amount to as much as "Uchuu Keiji" Zaido.
    I don't think it'll be that bad. It's got regular Toei people like Takebe and Sakamoto working on that.
    Member of The Tokusatsu Network, the internet's #1 source for tokusatsu news.

The jackets are redundant, other than that..this is a lot to take in. What an odd surprise to say the least.

They've made a dozen episodes and I think I read somewhere that they're only half-length episodes. So I suspect this will be lots of action to show off all the new toys and only a bit of plot (which I guess sidesteps any deficiences that a cast of singers may have in their acting).

Still, if it ever got subbed I'd give it a shot. It'd be interesting to see if they could re-capture the feel of the original.
    The obligatory watch list.

While I am somewhat interested, stuff like this only makes me wish we would have an actual sequel series to a Tokusatsu hero show in Japan. When was the last time we had something like that? Aside from Garo, which I'm not even sure counts, I feel like the last one we ever saw was Kamen Rider Black's sequel RX.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiEchidna View Post
    While I am somewhat interested, stuff like this only makes me wish we would have an actual sequel series to a Tokusatsu hero show in Japan. When was the last time we had something like that? Aside from Garo, which I'm not even sure counts, I feel like the last one we ever saw was Kamen Rider Black's sequel RX.
    Ultraman Ginga (& Orb got a prequel). Or if you want to go all unofficial, Akibaranger and After V. Amazons will be getting one. Still rare though.

Ultraman Dyna was a sequel to Tiga. I guess you can count Moebius if you wanted, though it's more a return to the Showa universe than a an actual sequel.

The intro: