...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    Member Toku Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,921

    Default Chou Superhero Taisen


    So, the website for the latest Taisen movie has just gone live. 'Kamen Rider x Super Sentai Chou Superhero Taisen' will be released on Saturday the 25th of March 2017. The text down the middle of the image reads “Assemble the power of every hero”.

    More details doubtless to follow in the new year.
    The obligatory watch list.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Posts
    656

    Default

    So that translates to Super Super Hero War. God, that's a clunky name.

    I'm honestly disappointed we're going back to the Super Hero War format because:

    A) All three films with Super Hero War in their names have sucked.
    B)I liked the idea of the Spring movie being a smaller scale Kamen Rider crossover.

    Besides, that title reeks of Yonemura and Shirakura. Keeping my hopes at basement level for this one.
    Read my blog! It's still young, so please be kind:

    http://tokulaundry.blogspot.com/

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Looks like they're moving the annual Rider/Sentai crossover to the theaters.

  4. #4
    Member Toku Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaikaijuSokogeki! View Post
    So that translates to Super Super Hero War. God, that's a clunky name.
    Can't "chou" also mean 'new'? Every time I've seen the name of the character 'Chou Den-O' translated it's been to 'New Den-O'. It also makes a bit more sense seeing as the Taisen series took a break last spring for the Rider #1 movie, and the autumn 'Kamen Rider Taisen' movie has "leveled up" to 'Kamen Rider Generations'.
    The obligatory watch list.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, Virginia
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toku Prime View Post
    Can't "chou" also mean 'new'? Every time I've seen the name of the character 'Chou Den-O' translated it's been to 'New Den-O'. It also makes a bit more sense seeing as the Taisen series took a break last spring for the Rider #1 movie, and the autumn 'Kamen Rider Taisen' movie has "leveled up" to 'Kamen Rider Generations'.
    They explicitly use the "超" kanji in this title. It's the same kanji they used for Super Movie War Genesis last year and the Chou Den-O movies. It's also used in the Japanese title for Dragon Ball Super (which even spells out "suupaa" in katakana under the kanji, indicating it's meant to be read as super). If it were written in katakana, then it may have a different meaning (like what Shin Godzilla did: allowing audiences to think it could mean "new", "true", "evolved", "god", or all of the above).

    However, I've never heard "chou" translated into "new" before. That Den-O example seems especially strange since there's a Rider actually called New Den-O, so that's just confusing.
    Read my blog! It's still young, so please be kind:

    http://tokulaundry.blogspot.com/

  6. #6
    Mystic Shaman - OniBlue SuperOniBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaikaijuSokogeki! View Post
    They explicitly use the "超" kanji in this title. It's the same kanji they used for Super Movie War Genesis last year and the Chou Den-O movies. It's also used in the Japanese title for Dragon Ball Super (which even spells out "suupaa" in katakana under the kanji, indicating it's meant to be read as super). If it were written in katakana, then it may have a different meaning (like what Shin Godzilla did: allowing audiences to think it could mean "new", "true", "evolved", "god", or all of the above).

    However, I've never heard "chou" translated into "new" before. That Den-O example seems especially strange since there's a Rider actually called New Den-O, so that's just confusing.
    Cho Den-O was the name they used for the movies like The Onigashima Warship or the Den-O Trilogy Movies

    Basically, Cho Den-O is Den-O in Super Climax, if I understand right. (Basically he calls himself Super Den-O or something ahah)

    http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Cho_Den-O_Series
    Fukumen Sentai OniRanger

    The Fic

  7. #7
    Member SamuraiEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaikaijuSokogeki! View Post
    They explicitly use the "超" kanji in this title.
    Not that this is means anything, but... According to Google Translate, that kanji is Chinese, and it means Ultra. So I guess a possible title translation could be "Ultra Super Hero War".
    ...No?
    Super Duper Hero War?

    Well, I tried. Never said I was lingual in Japanese.

  8. #8
    Member NeonZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    6,371

    Default

    There's a scan of a pamphlet with a story summary. It confirms other past Rider and Sentai will be involved, like usual, but...



    A transcendent collaboration born at last!

    The Game World launches an attack on the Real World. In front of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger appears the "Arena of Death" where the destruction of the Earth will be decided.

    Trapped in this inescapable dimension, generations of Super Sentai and Kamen Riders must engage in a Battle Royale.
    An unprecented battlefield of many puzzles connecting the Real and Game worlds.

    And then, "Those Heroes" revive...
    Everything is scaled up, all rules are broken! And when it seems like the real world will fall into a disaster, imagination brings forth unimaginable New Heroes!

    Cho Super Hero Taisen releases March 25, 2017!
    The story seems tied to Ex-Aid itself, rather than Shocker (or Badam that one time) like usual, so I wonder if it's going to be written by Ex-Aid's writer?

    Also, that Chou kanji could also be translated as Ultra or Hyper, but, either way, it's a clunky title.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    There's a scan of a pamphlet with a story summary. It confirms other past Rider and Sentai will be involved, like usual, but...



    The story seems tied to Ex-Aid itself, rather than Shocker (or Badam that one time) like usual, so I wonder if it's going to be written by Ex-Aid's writer?

    Also, that Chou kanji could also be translated as Ultra or Hyper, but, either way, it's a clunky title.
    I wouldn't be surprised, especially when the story sounds like something from a video game. To where the Heroes would try to kill each other just to save the world.

  10. #10
    Member Toku Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,921

    Default


    Not much to see in this teaser, aside from Shishi Red's suit from an angle we haven't seen before. Interesting that the 'selector' included the likes of HououRanger and Zolda.
    The obligatory watch list.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Community

» Site Announcements

RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post
Power Ranger Games
HenshinJustice.Com
05-11-2017 09:57 AM
05-11-2017 09:57 AM
by HenshinJustice.Com
Test
HenshinJustice.Com
05-04-2017 09:26 AM
05-04-2017 09:26 AM
by HenshinJustice.Com
Geek Slots
HenshinJustice.Com
05-04-2017 09:26 AM
05-04-2017 09:26 AM
by HenshinJustice.Com

» Sponsor

...

» Recent Threads

RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post
05-21-2017 10:12 PM
by Storm Eagle
Celebrity Deaths Thread
Vash the Stampede
05-20-2017 05:45 PM
by Storm Eagle
05-20-2017 02:46 AM
by PalleteRider
05-18-2017 06:21 PM
by Dr Kain

» Advertisement

...
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0