Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cobabooy View Post
    Now I just realized next year will also be Metal Heroes' 35th anniversary, expect some crossovers with the space sheriffs
    I'd rather see some other Metal Heroes return, like Juspion and Spielban.

Quote Originally Posted by DaikaijuSokogeki! View Post
    According to The Tokusatsu Network, it's official.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoi Kurenai View Post
    It says Uchuu Sentai Kyuuranger. It's official, was posted by the trademark bot on twitter.
    Eh, what can I say? I didn't want to wait three hours for confirmation but when all you have is a picture of some text that you can't read there's always a chance of getting trolled. \_(ツ)_/
    Quote Originally Posted by raden238 View Post
    I hope the Space theme will equal great Sentai mech designs like in Megaranger. Galaxy/Delta Mega and Mega Voyager were great. Every year I just wish Toei/Bandai would keep the designs (toys) simple as possible. A wrist changer and some traditional looking Mecha without it being plaque by gimmicks, like the Go-Busters toyline, is all I want.
    Mega Voyager is one of my favourite Sentai mech designs, but it belongs to a design era that ended with Timeranger so I wouldn't hold my breath. As for changers, Sentai has been pretty experimental of late. It used to be that changers were always based on whatever people most commonly kept about their person. When digital watches were all the rage you had nothing but wrist changers, and then when cell phones became ubiquitous so did phone-based changers. But recently we've had cubes, swords, guns, all sorts. Part of me expects them to have something really bizarre, like a model space station that you 'dock' a toy spaceship to in order to trigger the transformation, or something equally as random.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobabooy View Post
    Or it could be something similar to Guardians of the Galaxy with the story taking place in space instead of Earth
    They don't have the budget for something like that every week, so I think it will be Earth-based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Fang View Post
    I'd rather see some other Metal Heroes return, like Juspion and Spielban.
    I'd love to see some of the other guys like Metalder or Janperson, but let's be honest the obvious fit is Space Sentai with Space Sheriffs. If not Gavan G, then new Sharivan or new Shaider. I would not be at all surprised if there was some sort of crossover with Dekaranger either as they're so active at the moment. Heck, maybe they'll get the space pirates back in? We seem to have an abundance of space-themed returning heroes right now.
    The obligatory watch list.

Quote Originally Posted by Toku Prime View Post
    I'd love to see some of the other guys like Metalder or Janperson, but let's be honest the obvious fit is Space Sentai with Space Sheriffs. If not Gavan G, then new Sharivan or new Shaider. I would not be at all surprised if there was some sort of crossover with Dekaranger either as they're so active at the moment. Heck, maybe they'll get the space pirates back in? We seem to have an abundance of space-themed returning heroes right now.
    Ninninger proved that you don't have to be an anniversary season to have a bunch of crossovers. Since there are a lot of space-themed heroes, I'm pretty sure there will be 1 or 2 team ups as long as the actors are available

I wish I could feel enthused, but since Zyuohger is good, that means this series is probably not going to be. Although, since Gokaiger the every other series is good rule has been broken, so you never know. Maybe we can get two good Sentai series in a row since we got two dreadful ones in a row?

I keep hearing lately how good Zyuohger supposedly is. Granted I've only seen two episodes but I don't get it. What's the appeal? It looks like a complete waste of the concept to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toku Prime View Post
    I'd love to see some of the other guys like Metalder or Janperson, but let's be honest the obvious fit is Space Sentai with Space Sheriffs.
    That's why I specifically mentioned Juspion and Spielban, as they too are space-based.

You mention Dekaranger: if Kyuranger happens to be 'space police' like Dekaranger was, then why not bring back police Metal Heroes while you're at it? Enough with the Space Sheriffs.

I keep hearing lately how good Zyuohger supposedly is. Granted I've only seen two episodes but I don't get it. What's the appeal? It looks like a complete waste of the concept to me.
    Well, I find the entire cast to be likable for once. Even Misao's gimmick of sulking at the drop of a hat is surprisingly charming. Mix that with some pretty good suit designs (sans the mecha), a unique concept that is slowly getting fleshed out (the Gokaiger two-parter delves into Zyuland's backstory for instance), and you've got a Sentai that is at least making an earnest effort not to annoy its audience and instead maybe teach them some honest things about environmentalism and cooperation.
    Read my blog! It's still young, so please be kind:

http://tokulaundry.blogspot.com/

Well it depends what you are looking. The villains are bland and uninteresting and the mech designs suck, but the ranger cast is great, they have all had some excellent moments to shine. The first 11 episodes were well done and the show started to pick back up after The World was brought on. It is easily the best show since Gokaiger. No, it isn't classic Sentai, but compared to the dreck we have had over the last five years, this show is a god send.

I like Zyuohger because of the suits, henshin device, villains (lazy at times but then again many were), and most importantly the cast. Zyuohger has the most likeable core Ranger group since Go-Busters. They're normal/serious and they don't scream at the camera or have any annoying traits in the dialogue scenes. Misao however, tries to ruin that and hes just horrible. It's one of the rare times a Sentai show doesn't need a sixth ranger, the core group is good enough without it. Misao also doesn't add anything to the team, aside from toy sales. But everything else has been great.

Back on topic, Kyuuranger is space themed so it's almost a guarantee the Next Gen Space Sheriffs, Dekarangers, even Gokaigers (since they're space related) will crossover with them. Toei knows what they're doing .

Actually, most of the Sentai series in the last ten years didn't need to have a sixth ranger. In fact, I wish we could get a series again that doesn't have that trope.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled Shogun_Master's Avatar

Yeah, for some reason, I completely forgot that Japanese people like to contract things just because I was certain "Kyuu" is an actual word. No clue what word it is, but I'm positive it is one.

But, I guess, either space police or space rescue force ought to be pretty accurate. Although, it could just be space & nothing else, but I doubt it. The last several series titles were pretty damn sneaky with their use of how many puns they can get off the title to color the world the show...