Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

So the third quarter toy pics leaked a few days ago. Scans are in the hidden bits below.

First up, the 12th Kyuranger, Houou Soldier. Houou means phoenix, which probably explains why he appears to have a helmet so very similar to Magi Red's. Despite the red coloring he is not a upgrade for Lucky but a new character.

He will be armed with the Houou Blade and Houou Shield, which are initially connected together in a bird-like shape. This is also his transformation device, and the Houou Kyutama (and presumably others) connect onto the blade, which uses the sound effect "Come on the..." instead of "Say The..." as the Seiza Blasters do.

Houou Soldier will be able to summon three mecha: a rocket called Houou Voyager, a satellite called Houou Station, and the Houou Base (which is difficult to see but looks a bit like a launch tower / landing platform). These three combine to form Gigant Houou, and can then be combined with the other 11 Kyuranger's mechs to form Kyutamajin.

Click to see hidden content

The Saiko (ultimate?) Kyutama combines the power of the original nine Kyuranger in order to summon the powered up Orion Form. While this will primarily be used by Lucky it is possible for any of the initial nine to use it and the toy will contain unique lights and sound effects for each of them.

The summer movie will contain an exclusive mecha called Cerberus Voyager. It's three heads breath fire, ice and lightning, and it wil be depicted combining with the Oushi (black), Hebitsukai (silver), Chameleon (green), and Kajiki (yellow) Voyagers to form Cerberios (though obviously as the Voyagers use a common connection type the toy will be able to combine with any of the limbs).

Finally there will be a Kyutama for the Argo, and for the constellations of Tokei (Horologium, the pendulum clock) which manipulates time, and Kaminoke (Coma Berenices, or Berenice's Hair...yes that really is a constellation) which allows the user to grow long hair to attack the enemy with! These are depicted on the same scan above as the Houou Blade and Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
    That sounds pretty interesting. I'm glad they're not sticking to Earth permanently (though I'm sure we'll be visiting a lot of Earth-like planets!). Any idea when the Argo arc starts?
    Yeah I think budget demands that they simply move the location shooting to beaches, dressed industrial areas, quarries etc to stand in for alien worlds.

IIRC the implication was that it would be not long after Koguma Skyblue debuts. If that's correct then it would mean they'd be wrapping up the Earth arc very soon. Considering that the subplot to get black, gold and silver out of the way for the last two weeks was their quest to find the Pyxis (mariner's compass) Kyutama (which is meant to guide them to the Argo), it seems as if they're already planting the seeds.

If I had to speculate further, the real life historical constellation Argo Navis is no longer recognised and was split into three new constellations. As I said above, Houou Soldier has a three part mecha. So I'm guessing that the discovery of the Argo will lead into the debut of Houou Soldier (or at least of his mech). If that's the case, they will need to have found the Argo by the time his toys are released in the third quarter. So maybe each arc is a quarter of the show?
    The obligatory watch list.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled Shogun_Master's Avatar

There are honestly a lot of weird constellations- Lakota believe in the hand, the racetrack, the shield bearer & burial procession & the fireplace. Clearly, they aren't going to do any of those, but they do exist.

Anyway, I wonder if they're stopping at 12 Kyuurangers to signify the Zodiac, or if the use of Ophuchus is a clue & they'll do 13.

Please let the next ranger be a female.

It's too much of a sausage fest in all honesty.

Please let the next ranger be a female.

It's too much of a sausage fest in all honesty.

2 Females to 9 males is not a good ratio

They really need a strong bad-ass Onee-sama type character

Somebody like the actress for Kamen Rider Malika from Kamen Rider Gaim.

Actually if they give her the role, it would be perfect in all honesty.

Minami Tsukui who played Kamen Rider Malika is 29

Sakurako Okubo who plays Hammy is 18

Ichimichi Mao's character has an AI that acts like a Chuunibyo tween

If the 13th ranger could be Nao Nagasawa, that would really help balance out the female to Male ratio

Agreed, the gender balance on Kyuuranger is awful. I mean, Raptor's a suit so in real terms it's only Hammy on screen as an actual woman. I would have made Orange and either Silver or Gold an onscreen female actor too.

Toei has requested applications for extras for a scene in Kyuranger's summer movie. They want a crowd of 300 people to dress as aliens and watch "space pro wrestling". The scene will be filmed this coming Saturday, May 13th.

Of course, as Doctor Who fans will know, "it's not really wrestling unless it's in zero-g...with tentacles...and magic spells."
    The obligatory watch list.