Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Treasure Cards of the Underworld Herman the German's Avatar

Ya'd have to ask the responsible executive at Toei Company.

That being said, is it just my imagination or is this season much more brutal than I remember the last season being? @~@ I don't handle gore well and, well, I am handling Amazons less and less well each episode…

I loved the hell out of Go-Busters and thought it a fantastic show overall.

I liked him when he wasn't a god lazycoconut's Avatar
    Cuddled up to the Roidmudes in the back seat of Tridoron.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman the German View Post
    Ya'd have to ask the responsible executive at Toei Company.

That being said, is it just my imagination or is this season much more brutal than I remember the last season being? @~@ I don't handle gore well and, well, I am handling Amazons less and less well each episode…
    No, you're right, it is a lot gorier than season 1. Toei seems to have the idea that anything made for the periphery demographic needs to constantly "push boundaries" - you can see this in the V-Cinema releases too (especially Chase and Specter) and the recent Brave special. Personally, I don't think Amazons needs that.

Kurosaki is so hateable, I'm looking forward to finding out more about him. There are some intriguing moments that were shown in the S2 trailer relating to him (including him leading a large number of 4C troops and in another scene saying "my father ate my brother" - this would explain his obsession with Iyu.) I suspect his actions will lead to an alliance of the original exterminators and Mizuki + Haruka's band of Amazons against 4C. He hates Fukuda and wants to intimidate Mizuki, who both have close past or present alliances with Amazons
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Fang View Post
    Takeru the promiscuous sobber

I guess I'm immune to most gore since I've been watching Supernatural since the start of the series.

Was it my imagination or is Iyu's dad played by the same actor that was the big bad from Fourze? I'm certainly not imagining that Time Fire plays the leader of the team that found the rose Amazon in the latest episode.

Anyway I must admit this show kinda fell by the wayside for me after only one episode, so I've watched an episode every evening this week in order to get caught up and have a few thoughts:-

First up, I like that characters actually do things this time. In the first season characters often fell into that early Heisei "I'm just going to stand here for a while and gaze into the middle distance while wallowing in my own misery" trap. And frankly that quickly gets boring, so I'm glad that they seem to be avoiding that this time.

On the downside, I don't care about the "romance" between Blue-mazon and his Corpse Bride. Actually scrap that; I don't really care about any of the new characters yet. I think the actor playing the leader of the new main team is going for a creepy vibe but talking quietly and slowly when your character has lots of lines about not caring about things means he comes across less creepy and more permanently bored. The show is way more interesting when it's catching up with the cast from last season.

I can't say I really noticed the gore more than last time, but then the CGI squid ink they squirt out doesn't squick me out in the same way that, for example, watching an operation in a medical drama would, so maybe it's just that it's not giving me the creeps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herman the German View Post
    What for, didn't they already bring this over to the west via Amazon Prime? =V Granted, no news of Season 2 yet, but… :v
    Did the first season ever show up? I don't have Prime but I haven't heard anyone mention it being released outside of Japan.
    The obligatory watch list.

Treasure Cards of the Underworld Herman the German's Avatar

Don't have Prime myself, so, can't comment on that, either.
    As for gore, I was more talking about what happens to the human victims, really, like in that repeated flashback scene (especially the bit with the eye *shudder*).

I loved the hell out of Go-Busters and thought it a fantastic show overall.