Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate ! ferosaki's Avatar

Lol.......someone on rangerboard assumed that nanaha is an amazon and jin died lol

Anyway, let's just talk about how annoying haruka's weird sense of justice..
    Seing one time he wanted to protect anyone weak was good, even with his raging on bando-san and hesitate to kill unawakened amazons..
    And then, here comes when he start yelling it's okay to eat humans for amazons coz of it IS THEIR INSTINCT
    But at the same time, he killed amazons that went to attack extermination team!!!!
    Like, WTFFFCKKK !!??

To sum it up: he protects who and what needs protection, be it an Amazon or human.

He is a bit hypocritical and unstable and annoyi g..that's what he is
    Even if jin was going insane in that episode, it was all because he's trying really hard to make up for his mistakes by killing his own creation, but instead of cheered away, he was being constantly interfered by a scumbag kid like haruka

Snip---please delete this

science experiment gone wrong

Like you said he's basically a kid being over two years old. For roughly 90% of his life he was stuck in a house were his only human contact was his controlling mother and his, apparently, super clingy sister. When he gets out he runs into a guy who explains what he is, and reveals his goal to kill all Amazons. And a group he he eventually joins whose sole purpose is to hunt down and, again, kill his kind. He understands that the amazons that awakened are a danger and should be taken down, but his biggest issue is that just about everybody he knows in his short life has no issue killing those that haven't turned or trying to leave peacefully. Even if a few of them have eaten human flesh in order to try and not awaken. even Jin told him you have to eat to live in this world, so as someone who's not human he doesn't see an issue. As I stated before Haruka is in this hard headed teenager stage, he thinks he's right but doesn't realize he doesn't have the proper life experience to not see things in complete black and white, and not realize he put himself in this huge grey area.

Quote Originally Posted by ferosaki View Post
    Lol.......someone on rangerboard assumed that nanaha is an amazon and jin died lol

Anyway, let's just talk about how annoying haruka's weird sense of justice..
    Seing one time he wanted to protect anyone weak was good, even with his raging on bando-san and hesitate to kill unawakened amazons..
    And then, here comes when he start yelling it's okay to eat humans for amazons coz of it IS THEIR INSTINCT
    But at the same time, he killed amazons that went to attack extermination team!!!!
    Like, WTFFFCKKK !!??
    Haruka is basically saying that as long as there is still humanity inside the Amazons, he will defend it. But the one who has lost their humanity and attack humans, he will kill.

Jin is saying that Amazons are too soon and doesn't have place yet in human's civilization so he needs to exterminate them all. I don't know why Nanaha supports him.

Quote Originally Posted by ferosaki View Post
    Two, which is jin who were voluntarily injected himself to become monsters

I really hope he doesn't die in final eps
    So most of the Amazons were really monsters that is given inhibition bands and then let loose in the world somehow (I suspect by Mommy).
    Then Jin infected himself with the Amazon cells to give him power boosts.
    Then Mommy created Haruka, Amazon that is imbued with human genetics. A sort of Ultimate Being. A version of Jin that is perfect. Made for whatever reason.

That still begs the questions: how the heck the Amazons imitate humans? Eat them and take their genetic makeup? How can one take over a cafe?

I finally got around watching this show. Overall its good. Reminds me a lot of the older Heisei Rider shows where the violence was bit more heavy. The fights were very much like the older Heisei shows, where there wasn't a definitive villain plotting stuff. The suit designs for both Alpha and Omega were great. The belt was also cool. Just a simple design without being gimmicky, like the good ole days.

The show did a good job fleshing out all the characters except for Mizuki, she was just kinda there. Maybe more from her in season 2. I always saw Haruka as an amazon. I don't see his sense of justice as hypocrisy, he just has "selective protection", where he chooses who he wants to save. At the beginning he was basically just a kid, not knowing what do with his life and being confused. By the end, he finally understands what he wants to do with his life, which was siding with the amazons. Haruka and Jin are basically the same just on opposite ends of the field. One for humans and one for amazons.

I was expecting a twist where one of the humans was secretly an amazon, especially the old man but it didn't happen. Probably saving it for season 2. Its really nice to see a toku show thats short. It really helps with the story. Ghost just seems to drag on forever and by the time we reach the finale, nobody cares. Watching Ghost is like being trapped in a hot room with no windows and Amazons was like stepping out of this hot room and into a cool room with air conditioning. Just a welcome entry into the franchise. Definitely need to thank Netfilx and Marvel for this. Amazons was inspired by them. Not as violent or sexual as Daredevil or Jessica Jones but a much better show than Ghost. Hopefully Ex-Aid will be good but if isn't, we have this show to get excited for .

Also if you notice all the episodes titles start with a letter from the alphabet in chronological order. The theme song Armour Zone is freaking awesome. Hopefully they keep it for season 2. 5 stars and my favorite Toku song of 2016 so far.

I am only at the episode 8 right now and...

This is a bothersome attitude a see in japanese media over and over. makes me wonder how much of a horrible disaster any contact with alient intelligence will be, when we are so incredibly self centric to a fault.
    So, Amazons are judged as evil and to be hunted purely for being amazons. It's apparently not because they eat people. Because a murderer is worthy of protection purely for belonging to the same species.

Like, if Mamoru is alright, despite being amazon, because he doesn't murder innocents, doesn't that mean this guy is not alright because he does just that? Wouldn't what makes one "human" (whatever that arbitrary distinction is even meant to be) determined by their mind and actions not their biology?

Like, based on glimpses of what I've accidentally read in this thread about further episodes, it may be addressed as just Jin's perspective and not the general message of the show, but based on previous examples of tokusatsu, that seems unlikely. I mean, Tomari had no problem killing Roidmudes without trial on the spot, yet killing a person, no, people have to be brought to justice...

It's not even consistent, as there always exceptions that are treated as people because they are nice.

Basically, toku shows a weird attitude where "other species" are given unfair standards, where to be worthy of any consideration, they have to be nice and helpful, othewise, they can be destroyed on the spot, while humans get the same benfits just by being born humans. It's this kinda of biased attitue that, for how often I see it reflected in popular media, will lead to tons and tons of horrifyingly racist/speciest wars if we ever encounter other intelligent beings.

And I don't like it, because, outside of potentially being horrible for everybody involved in a very unlikely case of encountering other intelligent species, it also gives me an unjustified ego, by making me feel like I am one of the very few people actually mentally prepared to co-exist with anything demanding any sort of equality with humanity. And that just makes me end up being pretentious.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto Tendou Soujiro's Avatar

You bring up an incredibly good point and in fact, that was my biggest issue with Drive. Chase's fate especially bothered me. I don't care that all of the Roidmudes ended up dying but it is extremely hypocritical of the series and honestly I can't really understand the message they were trying to convey.

The majority of the fanbase gave Gou a ton of backlash for this and I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed more.