Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Episode 8 is indeed the most confusing episode in this series. There seems to be mostly nothing done to the murderer. No matter what the show, that's a horribly wrong message to convey.

I understand that they wanted this series to be a more "adult" series that requires deep thinking, but really, there's so much wrong in that episode. Deep thinking doesn't mean you have to show it's okay to let go someone who murdered people and beat up a defenseless person to near death just because the murderer is a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujiro View Post
    You bring up an incredibly good point and in fact, that was my biggest issue with Drive. Chase's fate especially bothered me. I don't care that all of the Roidmudes ended up dying but it is extremely hypocritical of the series and honestly I can't really understand the message they were trying to convey.

The majority of the fanbase gave Gou a ton of backlash for this and I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed more.
    Perhaps the Heart-Mach Saga will clear this up?
    Last edited by Photon; 08-04-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hentailover View Post
    I am only at the episode 8 right now and...

This is a bothersome attitude a see in japanese media over and over. makes me wonder how much of a horrible disaster any contact with alient intelligence will be, when we are so incredibly self centric to a fault.
    So, Amazons are judged as evil and to be hunted purely for being amazons. It's apparently not because they eat people. Because a murderer is worthy of protection purely for belonging to the same species.

Like, if Mamoru is alright, despite being amazon, because he doesn't murder innocents, doesn't that mean this guy is not alright because he does just that? Wouldn't what makes one "human" (whatever that arbitrary distinction is even meant to be) determined by their mind and actions not their biology?

Like, based on glimpses of what I've accidentally read in this thread about further episodes, it may be addressed as just Jin's perspective and not the general message of the show, but based on previous examples of tokusatsu, that seems unlikely. I mean, Tomari had no problem killing Roidmudes without trial on the spot, yet killing a person, no, people have to be brought to justice...

It's not even consistent, as there always exceptions that are treated as people because they are nice.

Basically, toku shows a weird attitude where "other species" are given unfair standards, where to be worthy of any consideration, they have to be nice and helpful, othewise, they can be destroyed on the spot, while humans get the same benfits just by being born humans. It's this kinda of biased attitue that, for how often I see it reflected in popular media, will lead to tons and tons of horrifyingly racist/speciest wars if we ever encounter other intelligent beings.

And I don't like it, because, outside of potentially being horrible for everybody involved in a very unlikely case of encountering other intelligent species, it also gives me an unjustified ego, by making me feel like I am one of the very few people actually mentally prepared to co-exist with anything demanding any sort of equality with humanity. And that just makes me end up being pretentious.
    You'd have a field day with Faiz.

I really agree with you on a lot of what you said, though.

I felt that the episode was telling another message that's more apparent later in the series. I can't get into spoilers but you'll see the extermination team are not as indifferent to killing Amazons as it seems.

About Jin's perspective... it gets crazier and more meaningful than that.
    "The Journey Goes On."
    Tokusatsu Watch List

I finally got around to watching Amazons. Like most here I enjoyed it: it's been a long while since I haven't been annoyed by anything in a Rider show. It was like the early Heisei days again. One complaint I do have is that they could've inserted a few more nods to Showa Amazon; I wonder why Nozama wasn't called Geddon or Garanda, or at least had some reference to them. The Amazon cells could've had a component derived from a lifeform from the Amazon. And Tlaloc apparently is an Aztec and not an Incan god, which would've been more appropriate.

A question I have regarding the Amazons. Are they human test subjects who were injected with Amazon cells, or are they Amazon cells that grew and developed like embryos into humanoid creatures? I thought it was the former until the finale implied otherwise. (That they escaped would make more sense if the latter.) If the latter, why would the Amazons care about becoming monsters and eating people? What else would they know? Or did human interaction lead them to want to be human?

Yeah I also think that the early episodes give the impression that Amazons are infected humans, then about halfway through the show seems to decide that they're Amazon cells that grew into full lifeforms that are just mimicking humans. IIRC it seems to happen about the time you start to hear about how Jin became an Amazon, so I don't know if they just decided that both him and Haruka needed unique origins and changed things, or if the early episodes simply give the wrong idea.
    The obligatory watch list.

You'd think that they would have some human DNA if they can grow into human form, yet Haruka's mother says that he's the only one with human DNA vectored into the Amazon cells. Or maybe the cells have all sorts of DNA spliced into its own.

I'd assumed that the experiment involved human volunteers being given Amazon cells to see how they could treat disease, but instead they mutated and became monsters. Then again, if that were the case they wouldn't have escaped, they'd have just left or begun asking questions before the cover-up. On the other hand, they could've been people who discovered something was up and ran away without telling anyone in the media (or perhaps doing so and getting silenced).

If there was a change mid-show, that might be another wink to Ryuki, along with Tomohisa Yuge posing in front of a car window in episode 8.

Default SEASON TWO

So season two has begun and ***SPOILER ALERT***
    Click to see hidden content
    ...they've directly said that there are Amazons that was originally human but have become infected, but that these are a new "type" that only started to appear during the time skip.
    So I guess that settles that debate from season one.

Also, it seems that they've gone down the "belt with collectables" route now. Some may be happy that the new belt isn't shouting loud phrases but I'm going to throw it out there that the way this new belt incomprehensibly mumbles actually annoys me more.
    The obligatory watch list.

Oh God, season 2's second episode was… it was so gory that I actually had to pause at some point to mentally scream. That never happened to me before, but then, I am not particularly used to any kind of gore. Phew.

I loved the hell out of Go-Busters and thought it a fantastic show overall.

Adapt this series Saban!
    *Signature picture removed - TOO WIDE*
    MAX PERMITTED SIG SIZE = 500x165

READ THE SIG GUIDELINES TO SEE THE RULES REGARDING SIGS AT HJU.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomR8G6B1 View Post
    Adapt this series Saban!
    What for, didn't they already bring this over to the west via Amazon Prime? =V Granted, no news of Season 2 yet, but… :v

Also, was anyone else a little surprised when we got close-up shots of Amazon Neo and it turned out his eyes are ACTUALLY red instead of yellow?

I loved the hell out of Go-Busters and thought it a fantastic show overall.