Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Default 2016 Super Sentai Rumors/News Thread (40th Anniversary)

https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/st...18841509613568

Roughly translated it's Animal Sentai Jyuouger
    Last edited by Gold Samurai; 09-28-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Did some one said Doubutsu Sentai?

It would be nice to have a crossover with this Doubutsu Sentai along with other animal themed sentai, to have one big Animal Party! lol
    It's hard to believe that was written by Kento Shimoya, who wrote Ninninger which really sucks.
    Last edited by PowerPhantom245; 09-28-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Kinda disappointing that Toei went with the safest route regarding the theme, considering that the last anniversary had a never before used theme in Space Pirates. Let's hope the cast is at least as fun as Gokaiger's. Oh and the writer is someone good (please god, not Kobayashi).

Oops we must've been writing this at the same time and I ended up making a duplicate. Can any mod seeing this delete mine please?

Can any Japanese readers confirm this though? I mean, for most of us you could wave any piece of Japanese text at us with a similar format to the usual trademark announcements and we'd have no idea if that's what it said or not. Re-using the name from Go-Busters Returns makes me slightly suspicious.

Assuming this is true, the Japanese word for 'king' is pronounced roughly as 'ohja' so it looks like we have another pun-based used of "ger" so that Jyuouger means "beast kings".

Not entirely surprised to see animals as they're always massive sellers (which is why shows with other themes usually get some animal mechs).
    The obligatory watch list.

We might be on the verge of this being a fake

Quote Originally Posted by SUNGEL View Post
    Another thing that lets me think it might not be real. This screen capture shows the ancient version of the site. It's been upadated to the version I'm currently using. I was lost last year because this old version didn't work anymore and there was (and still is) a link on the old version leading to the new.

Quote Originally Posted by SUNGEL View Post
    This is what I get.

And for the record, I'm doing it right because I found Ninninger and Ghost in there.

http://i.imgur.com/BfX3MHf.png

Quote Originally Posted by Toku Prime View Post
    Can any Japanese readers confirm this though? I mean, for most of us you could wave any piece of Japanese text at us with a similar format to the usual trademark announcements and we'd have no idea if that's what it said or not. Re-using the name from Go-Busters Returns makes me slightly suspicious.
    This isn't the first time that same name was used.
    Fiveman (1990) had a villain team named "Ginga Sentai Gingaman", where the title was later used as official series (1998).
    Even the title "Kyoryu Sentai" from Zyuranger (1992) was used for Kyoryu Sentai Koseidon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_Corps_Koseidon) and that was under completely different production (Tsuburaya) in different channel (TV Tokyo). Toei must have paid an exorbitant amount of money to used that name.
    Last edited by PowerPhantom245; 09-28-2015 at 03:42 PM.

I liked him when he wasn't a god lazycoconut's Avatar
    Cuddled up to the Roidmudes in the back seat of Tridoron.

Quote Originally Posted by toni2212 View Post
    Oh and the writer is someone good (please god, not Kobayashi).
    You. I like you

Animals would be a fitting choice IMO ... Gaoranger established a lot of elements of post-2000 Sentai as we recognise it, was the first modern Sentai anniversary series (after Carranger, which was supposed to be the last ever Sentai). The Doubutsu Go-Busters movie was a parody/pastiche of past Sentai, so maybe Toei wanted something similar to that for this anniversary
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Fang View Post
    Takeru the promiscuous sobber

I was hoping for a Greek Mythology theme Sentai show, but there is always 2017 and beyond. Having mecha/zords based on Greek Mythology creatures would have been cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPhantom245 View Post
    This isn't the first time that same name was used.
    Fiveman (1990) had a villain team named "Ginga Sentai Gingaman", where the title was later used as official series (1998).
    Different timescales though. Go-Busters Returns was only released a little over two years ago.
    Even the title "Kyoryu Sentai" from Zyuranger (1992) was used for Kyoryu Sentai Koseidon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_Corps_Koseidon) and that was under completely different production (Tsuburaya) in different channel (TV Tokyo). Toei must have paid exorbitant an exorbitant amount of money to used that name.
    I don't know if Japanese law is different but normally trademarks lapse if they are not continually used. If you don't use them for five years or so then they're up for grabs again.
    The obligatory watch list.

Go-Busters was a spy theme show with animal mecha. It sounds like the 2016 Sentai show will be more similar to Gaoranger and Gekiranger. Gekiranger is our last animal theme sentai show. Kamen Rider OOO did wild animals which is why Bandai probably didn't want to do a animal theme toku show for a while.