Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The Extraordinary Fan(boy) Ivanhobe's Avatar

Well, thatīs a bit tricky.

Usually the Yellow Cures tend to be pretty damn awesome and most of them have some sort of cult-following, but historically speaking Toei tends to neglect them to the point that some of them end up being forgotten after their debut episodes.

A good example; back in heartcatch, Cure Sunshine was actually build up for several episodes and her debut remains as one of the best for mid-season characters, but after episode 30 or so the show almost forgets she exists in order to focus on Cure Moonlight. I am not exactly complaining but it still sucked for Sunshine.

So yeah, going by previous experiences i expect for Cure Twinkle (you have no idea how much i love that name) to be a fantastic character that will probably blow our minds a few times, but once Cure Scarlet and the rumored fifth cure appear, they might start pushing Twinkle to the side.

I expect this not to be the case, i like to believe that Toei can learn from its mistakes, but i am prepared for the worst.

PD: Case in point:

Check out Toku Special: PreCure Edition, because who says Magical Girls canīt be Super Heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanhobe View Post
    Well, thatīs a bit tricky.

Usually the Yellow Cures tend to be pretty damn awesome and most of them have some sort of cult-following, but historically speaking Toei tends to neglect them to the point that some of them end up being forgotten after their debut episodes.

A good example; back in heartcatch, Cure Sunshine was actually build up for several episodes and her debut remains as one of the best for mid-season characters, but after episode 30 or so the show almost forgets she exists in order to focus on Cure Moonlight. I am not exactly complaining but it still sucked for Sunshine.

So yeah, going by previous experiences i expect for Cure Twinkle (you have no idea how much i love that name) to be a fantastic character that will probably blow our minds a few times, but once Cure Scarlet and the rumored fifth cure appear, they might start pushing Twinkle to the side.

I expect this not to be the case, i like to believe that Toei can learn from its mistakes, but i am prepared for the worst.

PD: Case in point:

Get ready for this, beacuse whole series focus is in Flora.... but Badass cure of this season is Mermaid

Lurker

I think they focus on Flora so much right now, becasue it was stated, that she is underdog, and both Kirara and Minami are already well trained and popular, while Haruka have to learn everything, while i really liked last episode, i would liked even more, if they had Haruka being too tired to fight, it would be like in Fresh, when at one point, girls were taken to hospital, it would show, that it is ok to wark hard, but not to point where it is dangerous to your health.

Lurker

Surprised they actually killed one of villains, it didn't happened since Fresh. Fight with Close was awesome. And he even have legitimate reason to hate Flora, as it was her "fault" Mermaid and Twinkle arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil88 View Post
    Surprised they actually killed one of villains, it didn't happened since Fresh. Fight with Close was awesome. And he even have legitimate reason to hate Flora, as it was her "fault" Mermaid and Twinkle arrived.
    Another "Fresh" thing...

Spolier
    Click to see hidden content
    a villan that will becomes a Hero... Twilight will become Cure Scarlet...

Lurker

I honestly hope that won't happen, we already had Eas and Siren, no need for another villain turned Precure

Lurker

I repeat myself, but this episode was really enjoyable
    - Miyuki Sawashiro was great as Twilight, very menacing voice (She also is Twilight in Friendship is Magic ) After seing her unmasked, it is 100% certain she will become Cure Scarlet http://precure.livejournal.com/2843203.html While we already had villain turn Precure and Precure fighting their parent, it will still be interesting to see her fighting her own mother
    - Only thing i didn't liked, was how fast Haruka learnt to play violin, like with ballet, it takes years and countless hours of practice to get good at it. Unless that training room with Miss Shamour is Room of Spirit and Time, where time passes slower
    - Twilight dress up key looked very cool, but that scene with Shut was so creepy :shock:

Scarlet's Phoenix Blaze is a cooler finishing move than anything Drive and Ninninger have shown thus far. Discuss.
    The obligatory watch list.

The Extraordinary Fan(boy) Ivanhobe's Avatar

That is an incredibly unfair comparison to make.

I mean, how the hell do you compare Tireman and Gaudy Nonjas to a FIRE TRANSFORMATION that then throws a Phoenix at you? Thatīs what i thought.

On a more general note, GoPuri continues to be a really well made PreCure season, the only real complain i could have about it is the lack of major action scenes, but even then the few that there are in the show are still pretty damn good. I kinda wish more people would watch it.
    Check out Toku Special: PreCure Edition, because who says Magical Girls canīt be Super Heroes?

Well, that was Go! Princess PreCure. I thought I might be jumping in at the deep end by deciding to watch my first PreCure season just as the show goes for an uber-feminine princess theme, but once you get over the lack of any "power fantasy" aspect (which numberous toku shows haven't had for me either) it was a pretty decent henshin hero series. I would say it was better than the shows that aired in the hour before it during the last year (Ninninger, Drive, Ghost), although admitedly that isn't exactly a high bar to clear. Overall it gets a thumbs up from me.

At some point I'll have to dive into another of the series in the franchise's back catalog. In the mean time I will certainly go on the next entry, Maho Girls PreCure (which even toku subbers are geting in on, as Imagination Station have announced they'll be doing it).
    The obligatory watch list.