Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Power Rangers movie #3 - Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

I thought it wasn't impossible.

I thought it would never happen.

But now, the unthinkable event will occur.

A third Power Rangers movie is out on the horizon. So apparently, it's somewhat of a remake of the first movie. It even sounds like a 90-120 minute version of "Day of the Dumpster" almost. Okay, just see for yourself.

http://www.powerrangers.com/featurefilmannouncement.pdf

Credit goes to Tommy Lawson from Rangercrew.
    Last edited by Storm Eagle; 06-12-2015 at 02:13 AM.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty Mr G's Avatar

I figured HJU would be blowin' up today over this. Oh well. Anyway, I'm sure I'll go watch it but I just can't get into PR these days. I dropped Mega Force and never even bothered to start Super Mega Force.

Default OSNAP! WE ALREADY HAVE A THREAD FOR THIS! ><

This just in, and I just want to know your opinion whether this is for real?

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/li...ie-1201174102/

This just in, we've already got a thread for this.

THREADS MERGED.
    SIGS EXCEEDING 500x165 AND/OR 1.5MB IN SIZE WILL BE REMOVED AT THE DISCRECTION OF THE HJU STAFF.
    HJU SIG GUIDELINES THREAD | SIG REVIEW THREAD

I'd prefer it if the suits are not based on Zyuranger and something original but evokes the same aspects like the colours and motifs. No word if Toei will involve in this project between Saban Brands and Liongate.

Best day of my life? With every minute that goes by it takes more and more of my will power to not bounce of the walls. Revamp it. Make it edgy. Make it grimdark. I don't care just make it. We need this.

That's crazy! I just hope the 3rd times the charm cause let's face it, the last 2 was pretty bad

"From when was it, that people's thoughts became so complex? Living with small secrets bottled up inside, and carrying there troubles around with them...I wonder when we will be happy?"

It's Judgement Time! SaikoDragon's Avatar

At first, I was really excited, I couldn't freaking contain the joy. Then I sobered, remembering that this is Saban (see: cheap). I also see the word "partnering". So... now I'm hesitant. Is this seriously going to be a megablockbuster' movie with Pacific rim special effects? Or is this some cheap ass direct to bluray movie? I guess my opinion of Saban is slightly tainted, I don't believe his company would ever produce a quarter billion dollar production. I'm worried we're getting a happy meal toy under the promise of a $60 megazord

At the gates I see the passing say: The judge be judged and all the wretched be saved

Lionsgate... That's an interesting partnership to say the least. Isn't that like saying a cheap production company has partnered with a company that has much higher production standards? How is this going to work out exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by DriftKaiser View Post
    I'd prefer it if the suits are not based on Zyuranger and something original but evokes the same aspects like the colours and motifs. No word if Toei will involve in this project between Saban Brands and Liongate.
    Same here. I don't want too see Zyu inspired suits, I don't want to see Power Coins, no KibaRanger, no Ninjetti, no Zeonizers, no vehicles, no Japanese footage, and no designs based on anything from Japan. I want to see a 100% original creation for Power Rangers. If they can do that, then not only will I support this movie, I might even go see it in theaters!

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiEchidna View Post
    Lionsgate... That's an interesting partnership to say the least. Isn't that like saying a cheap production company has partnered with a company that has much higher production standards? How is this going to work out exactly?

Same here. I don't want too see Zyu inspired suits, I don't want to see Power Coins, no KibaRanger, no Ninjetti, no Zeonizers, no vehicles, no Japanese footage, and no designs based on anything from Japan. I want to see a 100% original creation for Power Rangers. If they can do that, then not only will I support this movie, I might even go see it in theaters!

We'll likely see that though, but in my opinion, I'd love to see one where the designs are a mix of the Bay Transformers as well as the original Megazord to give it a redesign that isn't bulky. Also, have them use their weapons to their full effect so it can aim for a PG-13 rating. Then, make the film slightly more grounded and give them all parents ,with the desperation eminent in the choice of children versus experienced soldiers.

The suit designs should be down in the vein of the MCU and the Amazing Spiderman suit: Keep what's good about them while making them more practical/alien looking with the same motifs.