Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Well Crystal has returned again for 13 episodes covering the infinity arc, and as it's now a weekly TV show in Japan instead of a mere webseries it seems the folks at Toei have given the show a visual overhaul. Gone are the CGI transformations and in it's place is a new art style and seemingly a desire to give the inner senshi a dose of personality (at least until the outer ones take over the plot). Anybody else still hanging on in out of morbid curiosity?
    The obligatory watch list.

^ me and as much as I did enjoy the previous two arcs, this is definitely a strong return and the fact that Toei finally decided to make it a TV series rather than web series (thank gawd too) should prove to them haters that Crystal was performing decently. that said, I really LOVE the new art style and transformation sequences. it's definitely heavily inspired/influenced by the 90's anime.

Uranus and Neptune look so much prettier with that updated design, it makes me forget my hate for their 90's counterpart. I really hope they continue with the final two arcs, because if they do, we might see the Sailor Quartet rather than the Sailor Starlights! (even though I strongly preferred them over the Outer Senshi)
    super sentai fan since 2005

IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!!!

I watched the first episode on Crunchyroll two weeks ago. I'm not gonna go back to the series until I get premium, so I can skip the ads. So far, I like it. Have all the Sailor Scouts met each other yet? I can't wait until Sailor Saturn arrives. Saturn is my favourite.
    "WHY CAN'T I BE THE WHITE RANGER THIS TIME?" - Black Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by SabanRanger View Post
    I watched the first episode on Crunchyroll two weeks ago. I'm not gonna go back to the series until I get premium, so I can skip the ads. So far, I like it. Have all the Sailor Scouts met each other yet? I can't wait until Sailor Saturn arrives. Saturn is my favourite.
    Yeah there's none of the filler in this version. Each year-long season in the 90s is just 12 episodes this time around. So they've done the Dark Kingdom, Black Moon and Infinity arcs (aka season one, R and S). We're just waiting to see if they go onto season four or not.

I think the general feeling is that the art/animation was kinda ropey in the first two arcs of Crystal, as it was just being made for internet release. Starting with the third season, it started airing on TV in Japan and so Toei assigned a new director and overhauled the visuals.

Oh god, why is haruka so manly and hot, I can't betray my endymion-sama.
    Reading manga raw will save a lot money for you, because it is raw version was scanned by scanner machine.
    Where to get new raw manga? Try jpmangaraw, it is good.

Season Four has been officially confirmed.

YAY!!! I've been wondering when were they going to announce it. hopefully it's the same art style from Season 3 (bless that season for being sooooo good). damn, Sailor Moon is already 25 years old...

And to this very day...I still laugh at the fact in the 90s...America preferred "incest" over "homosexuality"...LMAO
    *Signature picture removed - TOO WIDE*
    MAX PERMITTED SIG SIZE = 500x165

READ THE SIG GUIDELINES TO SEE THE RULES REGARDING SIGS AT HJU.

My big question is whether I should bother watching Super S before this new version? I stopped watching the 90s show after three seasons because everyone said the next one was rubbish. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Toku Prime View Post
    My big question is whether I should bother watching Super S before this new version? I stopped watching the 90s show after three seasons because everyone said the next one was rubbish. :S
    personally, I've only enjoyed Season 3 and 5.