Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    World of Kabuto: How does Souji eat if can't take off the helmet?

Default Sailor Moon Crystal (Summer 2014)

Sailor Moon Crystal

The premier date for the long awaited new Sailor Moon anime has been announced to be July 5 at 7:00 PM JST (6:00 AM EST) and the show will air the first and third week of each month.

The designs and voice cast for the main heroines were also reveal.

Kotono Mitsuishi as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon

Hisako Kanemoto as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury

Rina Satou as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars

Ami Koshimizu as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter

Shizuka Itou as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus

Source

Lurker

Really looking forward to that, im very happy to see Ms. Kotono Mitsuishi back as Sailor Moon, but im looking forward to hear new voices (I know Ms. Koshimizu and Ms. Itou from Precure Series) i really hope they will do whole series, not just Dark Kingdom arc

It'd be weird hearing Mitsuishi as Usagi again and not as Murrue or Rinko.

World of Kabuto: How does Souji eat if can't take off the helmet?

All I want is for Toru Furuya to reprise his role as Tuxedo Mask.

I still want Funimation to hurry up and get the rights to Sailor Moon so that they'll dub this and maybe give us the Uncut version of the original Sailor Moon series we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiEchidna View Post
    I still want Funimation to hurry up and get the rights to Sailor Moon so that they'll dub this and maybe give us the Uncut version of the original Sailor Moon series we deserve.
    Only with the original voice cast from Canada, if they have to pull some strings to do so. Obviously the Cloverway actors for characters not in the DIC dub, but I'd love to see a dub that has the voices from back when I was in grade school in the same vein as Dragon Ball Z Kai had their cast in all of its incarnations since Funimation took over.

Otherwise, an uncut dub would be pointless because unlike One Piece, Sailor Moon has far more nostalgia and a presence than the latter. Therefore, unless the voice actors are better or can hold their ground to the original English versions, I'm not sure the dub will be worth watching for me.

Same goes for a dub of this remake, which means I;'m going to have to just watch the subtitles .

Lurker

You know, I didn't watch the original series (actually, that's a lie, I saw an episode about tennis), but I will definitely be watching this when subs come out.

I love how manga accurate these designs are. I just hope they do the entire manga and not just the Beryl saga for the third time.

There are 60 chapters in the manga so the show should be able to easily pull off 60 episodes with one episode per chapter.

I can't wait for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
    All I want is for Toru Furuya to reprise his role as Tuxedo Mask.
    There's a rumor going on that he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    Only with the original voice cast from Canada, if they have to pull some strings to do so. Obviously the Cloverway actors for characters not in the DIC dub, but I'd love to see a dub that has the voices from back when I was in grade school in the same vein as Dragon Ball Z Kai had their cast in all of its incarnations since Funimation took over.

Otherwise, an uncut dub would be pointless because unlike One Piece, Sailor Moon has far more nostalgia and a presence than the latter. Therefore, unless the voice actors are better or can hold their ground to the original English versions, I'm not sure the dub will be worth watching for me.

Same goes for a dub of this remake, which means I;'m going to have to just watch the subtitles .
    I see your point, but I only partially agree.

Considering Funimation's track record, I don't doubt that they could bring back a lot of the original voice actors if not all of them. But since this is the uncut version we are talking about and since it's been a LONG time since anyone has seen anything Sailor Moon related, I think recasting would be fine. Funimation has some of the best voice actors in the business under their belts, and I'd really love to see their take on it.

But most of all, nostalgia isn't everything. What matters most is honoring the original creative vision of Naoko Takeuchi and Toei, and I have to think that Naoko and Toei feel the same since they are willing to recast the other Sailor Scouts for Crystal. I also think Funimation has worked with enough of Toei's works to put Toei and anyone associated with them at ease. From what I've heard, Naoko didn't like the original dub of Sailor Moon and is apprehensive about handing over the rights again, but Funimation has really proven how trustworthy they are over the years.