Moving all around, back and forth in my country. It's a mess I tell ya! XD
Well, I had the resto of my summer to consider how things could get better for the game...and now that we've reached the inevitable sixth main installment[Dragon knight doesn't count], things could become more like a competent game, like Eighting did with Heat The Soul 6. And speaking of that, it helped that I replayed it and picked up on the more interesting functions it had that were later copy-gimped in SCH, despite it making them more unique.
So, without further delay, I give you...my guide fo CH to become better in every aspect.
Controls and gameplay!
Click to see hidden content
- Full button configuration, first step to anything!
- The system will be revamped from the current "Neutral, Forward , Sideways" combo system it has and will instead feature Heat The Soul's more elaborate combo system of "Neutral, Upwards / Rising, Downwards / Crouching, Forward and Backwards / Grab" combo system.
- On that note, the combos for the character should change to actually matter now. Each character should have at least 10 different combos.[HTS characters had around 15 different combos from the start of HTS 3,not counting the basic neutral / directions combos].
- Instead of having the L button as the start-up for the Rider Art, have it be the Guard instead, giving full motion range to the characters.
- On that same topic, the Riders should have far more Guard options :
I.)The normal Guard we already have up until now, hold down to keep it up, constantly using Guard Guage while the Guard is up.
II.)Just Guard : guard at the exact same time a normal or heavy attack connects to Perfectly guard an attack without the loss of the Guard Gauge.
III.)Counter Guard : While Guarding and the opponent is hitting, the player must press the R trigger to initiate the Counter Guard and stun the enemy momentarilly, but at the cost of a quarter of the Guard Gauge.
IV.)Counter : While guarding from and enemy attack, the player must the O button to execute a quick counter and sent the opponent slightly away from him while dealing small damage. Costs a quarter / an eighth of the Special Gauge.
V.)The last option is for the Armour-type characters only : the player holds down the L button to keep the Guard up and presses any direction on the D-Pad / Analog to do the awesome Titan Kuuga walk and reflect / tank everything, at the cost of more Guard Gauge being spent with each hit of course. These characters are :
2.)Black RX Roborider
3.)Kuuga Titan + Kuuga Rising Titan
5.)All the Ryuki Riders while having the Guard Vent
6.)Den-O Axe Form
7.)Kiva Dogga form
- Add proper jump cancels and Upwards / Rising combos that can connect to an aerial combo. HTS's may have scarcelly featured that system but CH needs it for MAXIMUM RIDER POWER!
- The R Trigger will no longer be useless on its own.Instead, it will be the Personal Action Button of each rider, granting some with some really weird actions, like teleportation for Odin, the crooked Super-speed for Accel Trial etc.
- Rider Acrobatics should be present in the game in a better way than now. By using the movement buttons, characters should be able to execute different acrobatics. Of course, not all riders would have the same Rider Acrobatics :
I.)Dashing. By pressing the movement buttons towards the opponent twice, the Rider is able to run faster and almost instantly close the gap between opponents.
II.)Rolling. By pressing the movement button twice in any direction, the characters performs a short distance roll to avoid anything that's coming towards him.
III.)Backflips. By pressing the movement buttons away for the opponent twice, then the Rider will perform a backlip.
IV.)Cartwheel. By pressing the movement buttons sideways of the opponent twice, the rider will execute a cartwheel to avoid everything.
V.)Blinking. By pressing the movement buttons twice in any direction, the Rider will cover the distance of two to three steps but will be completely impervious during the blinking and re-appearring animations. Only Odin and the Kabuto riders can do that. And Infinity.
VI.)Aerial Dash. By pressing the jump button twice, the riders will execute an aerial dash that will cover a decent distance to try and close the gap between them and the opponent.
VII.)Aerial Tricks. By pressing the jump button twice, the riders will do an aerial trick to move to any direction, if given by the movement buttons, by executing a small flip in the air, a small dive etc, covering some really small distance but avoiding aerial hazzards.
- All of the Armour-type characters should have the Reflect Dash (R Trigger) on the Ground and have the Aerial Dash.
- The Rider Arts are now instantaneous by pressing the L trigger(Guard) and the O button(Special Attack) at the same time and now waste about a quarter of the energy bar.
- The special attacks now cost about an eighth of the special gauge.
- The finishers should now be done by pressing the Square button(Soft Attack) and the O button(Special Attack) or the X button(Heavy Attack) and the O button(Special Attack), like in Bleach Heat The Soul, another game by Eighting, so that the Riders with multiple finishers can employ them that way.
Options and Fixing!
Click to see hidden content
- Up the difficulty in a smart way. Heat The Soul always used a 5 point system when it came to difficulty and damage, CH should adopt that, even without them being numbered, like now. Make the conceal smart though and let the difficulties have great differences between them. Have the 5th / Hardest difficulty actually be challenging for once.
- Put the far superior Special Attacks from Battride War to those who need it, like Kuuga for example. And some part of the moveset wouldn't be bad.
- The Life Gauge should recover much faster to even have significance, like in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.
- Fix the SFX.
- Make the arenas a bit bigger.
Afterthoughs / Suggestions!
Click to see hidden content
- The Rider Gauges will mostly fuse into one for maximum versality and now the forms will mostly change like that :
the Up direction makes the character transform into the form the player has selected for him / her, the Right and Left directions scroll through the transformations or summons / ways to summon, depending on the character and the Down direction is used for summoning, if the character doesn't have a summon then it's used for a quick cancellation of the transformation.
The "gauges" will still function exactly like they do now, the Greens will not change the characters stats and will not cost anything, the Reds will upgrade the characters but will cost an entire gauge, the Oranges etc...you get the point, they will be indicated like that :
The Rider's belt will be on display at the bottom of the screen,instead of the emblem next to the special gauge and it will change to reflect the change. For example Kuuga's belt will become blue when you select Dragon and when you transform the belt will do the sound etc the transformation.
And there you have it...pretty much what will make CH be the next best thing the rider fans will be able to enjoy...granted, it doesn't get cancelled or "LOL!Wii'd so no complex crap". That excuse is getting pretty stupid since even Tatsunoko Vs Capcom had the option for a "Stylish Battle" [aka Stupid Mode, like Blazblue's "Stylish Battle", basically let's the game do the combos for you and complex moves for you] for the kiddies that refuse to buy a proper controller and stick with the Wiimote.