Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Micchy Did Nothing Wrong KamenRiderBiblio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
    True Story.

I, cannot. I don't even LIKE One Piece, but I realize it's immensely more popular in Japan than...nearly anything else animated on television right now.
    It's popular for little boys. Japanese "men" do not like it. Just be lucky it's even ON the list. Bleach is much better AND drawn better, but it's not on there.

Also,

>opinions

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRiderBiblio View Post
    It's popular for little boys. Japanese "men" do not like it. Just be lucky it's even ON the list. Bleach is much better AND drawn better, but it's not on there.

Also,

>opinions
    ROFL. This is an argument I don't care about, since I really don't like One Piece. That having been said, here's your problem, as they made a trope about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRiderBiblio View Post
    Okay, first of all, this is an anime and both One Piece and Bleach have just about the same level of QUALITY (as in, both tend to have shitty animation from time to time). Second, One Piece is not in the top ten every week and have unbelievable movie sales just from little boys watching it. It's the same as Conan as it's just as much of a family entity as much as it is a shounen anime. Bleach wishes it could have that kind of TV success. It doesn't even get in the top 20 anymore. Even Yu-Gi-Oh beats it some weeks.

Third, Bleach is really the better of the two in story quality? Cause I was pretty bored with these last few episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
    I, cannot. I don't even LIKE One Piece, but I realize it's immensely more popular in Japan than...nearly anything else animated on television right now.
    Well, that's the thing. One Piece is popular right now but this list seems to take in the most popular and influential ever. It'd be like being confused as to why if this was an American list, Avatar would be lower than, say, The Simpsons Sakura was a unbelievable phenomeon with girls when it was airing (though, probably not as much as Sailor Moon was).

I'm honestly surprised to see One Piece even on the list, but I can see why it's there. I can't believe Pokemon isn't there though and Digimon is (cause it's more awesom)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynxara
    "This is why you just ignore the fans and pursue your own ideas. Would the fans have ever come up with an idea like W? No, because it's new, and fans always feel great trepidation at new ideas that might be terrible or take a franchise in a stupid direction. If you never let writers try new things, though, franchises get stale and the fans get bored."

Quote Originally Posted by Aoi Kurenai View Post
    Nadesico and Yu Yu Hakusho deserve to be much higher. D:
    I seriously love me some YYH, but given what's higher on that list, I think 55 is about right. (Also, what's with the numbers missing?)

Quote Originally Posted by FlashNeko View Post
    They're all drinking together after work and bitching about the "new kid" that got let into the club they had to put their dues into to be accepted by and who does he think he is with his silly hat and that big muppet mouth?!
    Naw, c'mon dude. Can you really see Seiya, Goku, and Yuusuke throwing down that way? They might look at him a little funny, and Yuusuke might break out laughing at least once, but it'll all be boozin' an' punchin' an' swappin' stories by the end of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashNeko View Post
    They're all drinking together after work and bitching about the "new kid" that got let into the club they had to put their dues into to be accepted by and who does he think he is with his silly hat and that big muppet mouth?!
    Not Dragonball. He got plastic surgery, changed his name to Kai and got back in the business.

I think you can only really understand this list if you lived in Japan. An American list would probably have Pokemon in the top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Masta View Post
    Not Dragonball. He got plastic surgery, changed his name to Kai and got back in the business.

I think you can only really understand this list if you lived in Japan. An American list would probably have Pokemon in the top 3.
    Naw. The American top 3 would be Cowboy Bebop, Eva, and Gundam Wing.

(Followed by DBZ, Princess Mononoke [for people who want to sound classy], then Pokemon, and... I feel like I'm missing something obvious here...)

I am very okay with this list. Especially with Lupin III in the top ten.

No Samurai Champloo? That was one good damn show....but so far I agree with the list.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised to see One Piece even on the list, but I can see why it's there. I can't believe Pokemon isn't there though and Digimon is (cause it's more awesom)
    Pokemon is there, it's #82 on the list.

how the list is broken up

Group 1: #1-#15 "The Blooming of Full length manga based movies to TV anime"
    Group 2: #16-#29 "The Arrival of the Anime Boom"
    Group 3: #30-#42 "The Rise of the Anime Fan Generation"
    Group 4: #43-#47: "The World of Studio Ghibli"
    Group 5: #48-#55: "The Prosperity of Manga"
    Group 6: #56-#70: "The Signs of Japanimation" (this covers many titles that went to America)
    Group 7: #71-#90: "The Permeatation and Diffusion of Anime"
    Group 8: #91-#100: "The Readers' Picks for the Anime that should be remembered in the 21st Century"
    http://www.japanprobe.com/wp-content...tie-honey2.jpg

even if there is no God, Buddha or a even a fair system of law... there is always without a doubt a kamen rider"
    i believe if they are real.... we will all and always live in peace and harmony