Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Banned ryuurenjaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    anicet china
    Posts
    304

    Default

    dinosaur age to present

  2. #32

    Default

    seriously I see no point in this. The Japanese version is obviously better, in my opinion.

  3. #33
    Would like to change his avatar Shougo B'Stard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherBlueRanger View Post
    was that Reiko dubbing Kim?

    And I wonder who got to play Trini..

    Oh and Jason's VA so completely doesn't fit him. That was far more expression and emotion that clip then in the original.
    According to the Japanese Wikipedia, the cast is:

    MMPR
    Jason: Daiki Nakamura (who also voiced Jilfeeza in GoGoFive)
    Billy: Mitsuaki Madano
    Zack: Katsumi Toriumi
    Trini: Mari Maruta (who also voiced Dappu in Carranger)
    Kimberly: Yuka Koyama
    Tommy: Kouji Ochiai (who also voiced Bullblack in Gingaman)
    Zordon: Tarou Arakawa
    Alpha/Squat/Megazord computer: Katsumi Suzuki
    Zedd: Hideto Ebihara

    TURBO
    Tommy: Hideki Ogihara
    Adam: Masahito Kawanago
    Justin: Megumi Kubota
    Tonya: Mizuki Ookawa
    Catherine: Mami Kingetsu
    TJ: Yuuji Kishi (who played Kyousuke/Red Racer in Carranger)
    Carlos: Tsuyoshi Takishita
    Ashley: Eri Miyajima
    Cassie: Mioko Fujiwara

    PRIS
    Andros: Souichirou Hoshi
    TJ: Yuuji Kishi
    Carlos: Tsuyoshi Takishita
    Ashley: Sanae Kobayashi
    Cassie: Mioko Fujiwara
    Zane: Masaya Matsukaze (who played Shun/Mega Blue in Megaranger)
    Astronema: Ai Orikasa

    PRLG
    Leo: Teruaki Ogawa (who played Sasuke/Ninja Red in Kakuranger and Hyuga/Kuro Kishi in Gingaman)
    Kai: Kazuki Maehara (who played Ryouma/Ginga Red in Gingaman)
    Damon: Takashi Onozuka
    Maya: Eri Tanaka (who played Chisato/Mega Yellow in Megaranger)
    Kendrix: Yuki Matsuoka
    Mike: Hiroshi Tsuchida (who played Saizo/Ninja Blue in Kakuranger)
    Karone: Ai Orikasa

    PRLR
    Carter: Atsushi Kakehashi
    Chad: Keisuke Fujii
    Joel: Yoshiharu Kurauchi
    Kelsey: Chihiro Kusaka
    Dana: Yuka Shioyama
    Ryan: Takuma Takewaka

    It doesn't seem like they dubbed anything past LR...

    Anyway, it's funny that it seems like the Japanese dub improves it. Same thing happened with the god-awful live-action Fist of the North Star movie. Completely unbearable, but oddly watchable with Kamiya and the rest dubbing it.

  4. #34
    Member The 2nd Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shougo B'Stard View Post
    It doesn't seem like they dubbed anything past LR...
    But they had those Japanese scans for (at least) Dino Thunder through Operation Overdrive. Was that just supplying information about the series?
    Your inferiority complex is better than mine.


  5. #35
    Would like to change his avatar Shougo B'Stard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 2nd Evil View Post
    But they had those Japanese scans for (at least) Dino Thunder through Operation Overdrive. Was that just supplying information about the series?
    I'm not really sure -- they may have been released/aired subtitled instead. Toei hasn't updated any pages since LR, though.

  6. #36
    Member boogiecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    441

    Default

    I wonder what channel in Japan they show those dubbed PR series before?And i wonder if they still continue dub it in Japanese??

    Anyway the dubs sounds juts fine to me...

  7. #37
    I don't have low self esteem. Black Ranger RX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Planet Mars.
    Posts
    7,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Unit View Post
    seriously I see no point in this. The Japanese version is obviously better, in my opinion.
    Seriously, if there is no point in dubbing Power Rangers in Japanese then there is no point in dubbing The Simpsons, Friends, Frasier, Futurama, Knight Rider, Baywatch, South Park, Batman, Family Guy, Beavis n Butthead, Cheers, Ren and Stimpy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, CareBears, or any other American TV show in Japanese either.

    Just remember that MMPR are completely different shows.

    And just because you think the Japanese version's "obviously better" doesn't make a difference. It's not like you control what the Japanese watch. I wonder what the Japanese would think about having a wimpy worthless Gaijin telling them what to watch on TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Momotaros View Post
    Why the complaints. Can't Japanese and Americans like each other shows. I mean a lot of us watch Sentai when we got Power Rangers here. So what the big deal when Japanese people do the same and watch Power Rangers dubed. If I remeber correctly the people in Japan really liked the battlizers made here in the USA. Hence why they used one in Dekaranger. Plus I know a lot like to think they got a pulse on the culture there,but most of us have never really step foot there and did a research if they hate Power Rangers or not. Instead because some of us like Sentai. We amuse people in Japan hate Power Rangers.
    What he said.

  8. #38
    I don't have low self esteem. Black Ranger RX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Planet Mars.
    Posts
    7,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shougo B'Stard View Post
    According to the Japanese Wikipedia, the cast is:

    MMPR
    Jason: Daiki Nakamura (who also voiced Jilfeeza in GoGoFive)
    Billy: Mitsuaki Madano
    Zack: Katsumi Toriumi
    Trini: Mari Maruta (who also voiced Dappu in Carranger)
    Kimberly: Yuka Koyama
    Tommy: Kouji Ochiai (who also voiced Bullblack in Gingaman)
    Zordon: Tarou Arakawa
    Alpha/Squat/Megazord computer: Katsumi Suzuki
    Zedd: Hideto Ebihara

    TURBO
    Tommy: Hideki Ogihara
    Adam: Masahito Kawanago
    Justin: Megumi Kubota
    Tonya: Mizuki Ookawa
    Catherine: Mami Kingetsu
    TJ: Yuuji Kishi (who played Kyousuke/Red Racer in Carranger)
    Carlos: Tsuyoshi Takishita
    Ashley: Eri Miyajima
    Cassie: Mioko Fujiwara

    PRIS
    Andros: Souichirou Hoshi
    TJ: Yuuji Kishi
    Carlos: Tsuyoshi Takishita
    Ashley: Sanae Kobayashi
    Cassie: Mioko Fujiwara
    Zane: Masaya Matsukaze (who played Shun/Mega Blue in Megaranger)
    Astronema: Ai Orikasa

    PRLG
    Leo: Teruaki Ogawa (who played Sasuke/Ninja Red in Kakuranger and Hyuga/Kuro Kishi in Gingaman)
    Kai: Kazuki Maehara (who played Ryouma/Ginga Red in Gingaman)
    Damon: Takashi Onozuka
    Maya: Eri Tanaka (who played Chisato/Mega Yellow in Megaranger)
    Kendrix: Yuki Matsuoka
    Mike: Hiroshi Tsuchida (who played Saizo/Ninja Blue in Kakuranger)
    Karone: Ai Orikasa

    PRLR
    Carter: Atsushi Kakehashi
    Chad: Keisuke Fujii
    Joel: Yoshiharu Kurauchi
    Kelsey: Chihiro Kusaka
    Dana: Yuka Shioyama
    Ryan: Takuma Takewaka
    They skipped Zeo?

    It doesn't seem like they dubbed anything past LR...

    Anyway, it's funny that it seems like the Japanese dub improves it. Same thing happened with the god-awful live-action Fist of the North Star movie. Completely unbearable, but oddly watchable with Kamiya and the rest dubbing it.
    I think I remember waaaaay back when I was still on Japan Hero, Poweranimals told me that Power Rangers TimeForce was airing in Japan, and I was like "NANI?!!!!" because at the time I think Ninja Storm or Dino Thunder was the current airing series.


    And SHOUGO!! YOU'RE BACK!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. MMPR Japanese dubbed (A Pressing Engagement)
    By Jeffry2010 in forum Henshin Justice Unlimited
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 01:33 PM
  2. Anyone want to hear Japanese Dubbed Hollywood Movies instead?
    By Jeffry2010 in forum The Power Chamber
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 09:24 AM
  3. KRDK Japanese Dubbed Episode Streaming Thread
    By Chronotia Archzenom in forum Henshin Justice Unlimited
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 03:21 AM
  4. OMFG!!! Power Rangers is JAPANESE?!?!
    By Aoi Kurenai in forum The Power Chamber
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 10:54 PM
  5. Japanese Dubbed Power Rangers
    By Sentaifan'07 Xman in forum Henshin Justice Unlimited
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 11:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Community

» Site Announcements

Kamen Rider Drive...
Today 01:50 PM
Last post by HenshinJustice.Com
Today 01:50 PM
0 Replies 24 Views
Ninninger: Legendary...
03-26-2015 03:40 PM
Last post by HenshinJustice.Com
03-26-2015 03:40 PM
0 Replies 761 Views
S.H.Figuarts Trideron,...
03-23-2015 12:10 PM
Last post by HenshinJustice.Com
03-23-2015 12:10 PM
0 Replies 733 Views
Attack On Titan Live...
11-20-2014 03:40 PM
Last post by JFC
03-21-2015 12:18 AM
1 Replies 1,031 Views

» Sponsor

» Recent Threads

Shuriken Sentai...
Yesterday 02:50 PM
Last post by Liac0s
Today 05:01 PM
9 Replies 362 Views
The Pro Wrestling Thread...
02-09-2012 11:32 PM
Last post by chronoxiong
Today 04:18 PM
2,540 Replies 219,350 Views
Kamen Rider Drive...
03-23-2015 09:13 AM
Last post by Black Fang
Today 01:59 PM
19 Replies 1,534 Views
Shuriken Sentai...
03-22-2015 03:41 PM
Last post by Black Fang
Today 01:58 PM
37 Replies 2,542 Views

» Advertisement

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0